a million daydreams is all you really need.

Hospital Days

on
Wednesday, March 28, 2018


About mid-afternoon yesterday, I was in the ER due to my mom not feeling well and I found myself making this poem. Thankfully, after being in the hospital for 7 hours, we discovered that all is okay and there shouldn't be anything to worry about. This poem I present to you is titled "Hospital Days."

- -

Hospital Days

Hear the sound of machines
People in seats crying everywhere
Scared something is going wrong
Nurses and doctors running around

No idea if it'll be okay
Give me some kind of hope
Another day has gone by
And we're still inside the white walls

Trying to be strong for the people in the room
Announcements calling out code blues
Emotions flying around
Someone tell me everything is alright

Balloons begin to fill the room
Get well cards being sent
But no one knows what to say
Or how to help

They ask how you're doing
Rate your pain on a scale from zero to ten
Trying out different medications
And no privacy is being given

This is for my younger brother
The one who has seizures
When he can't remember what happened
And he's crying out in pain wanting to leave

This is for my neighbor
The one who was in a car crash
And had to be taken out with the jaws of life
Leaving scars mentally and physically

This is for my grandpa
The one with a wonderful yet bad heart
So many procedures been done
And maybe more to come

This is for my mom
The one who is at the hospital at this very moment
With no clue what's wrong
Praying for the best outcome

This is for the people everywhere
The ones afraid for their lives
Stuck in a small room
Hoping it isn't their last day.

-K.B. 

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment